Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you would like to request materials to be placed on reserve for your course, please use the Course Reserves Order Request Form below.
Notable changes, and general guidelines are included for instructors below the Order Form.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Lawrence Bolduc, Reserves Coordinator through the Reserves Desk Email, the Clark University Library Email, or by calling (508) 793-7132.
Course Reserves Order Request Form
Notable Changes to Course Reserves
- Reserves Staff are happy to embed your course reserves on your Moodle site! Please let us know if you are interested when you fill out the Online Order Form.
- Wherever possible, access to course reserves will be offered digitally in order to avoid the need to quarantine materials.
- The Library will place print materials on reserve as a last resort. These materials can be borrowed by students for "same-day loans" after which they will be quarantined for 72 hours without exception. Please reach out of you have questions about this policy.
- We encourage instructors to explore Open Education Resource options for their required course materials. If you would like to consult with a librarian to learn about identifying high-quality Open Educational Resources, please email The Goddard Library and feel free to look at this research guide for more information: Open Educational Resources Guide.
- The processing timeline for fulfilling order requests will be longer this semester: at least four weeks. We will happily continue to accept reserve requests whenever they are submitted, however, we will not guarantee that they will be prepared for the start of the semester if they are submitted after January 18th.
Guidelines for Instructors
- Course reserve orders will be processed in the order that they are received. To guarantee that a course’s materials will be processed in time for the first day of classes (barring any delays related to newly purchased items) orders must be placed by August 1st (fall semester) or January 18th (spring semester).
- Orders placed after the dates listed above cannot be guaranteed to be prepared for the first day of classes. If the order is received one day after the deadline, the materials can be expected to be ready on the second day of classes, and so on.
- The library will purchase required course materials, budget allowing. Purchased materials can take several weeks to arrive and be processed; so order early!
- The library is happy to place personally owned copies of materials on reserve as well (with an accompanying online order from submission).
- The library cannot place interlibrary loan, rented materials, or materials borrowed from other institutions on reserve for Clark University courses. No exceptions.